Personal leasing eligibility
With personal vehicle leasing, even if you intend to use your car or van in part for business purposes, your application will be considered as a non-business (i.e. personal) application.
To be eligible you will simply need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a full UK Drivers Licence (registered at your current address)
- Be on the electoral role at your current address (if you have recently moved, some funders may require additional proof of current address)
- Provide a minimum of 3 years address history
- Have a regular, secure income
- Provide a minimum of 3 years employment/education history
- Be over 18 years old
- Not been declared bankrupt, nor have CJJs or IVAs against your name
In addition, all applicants undergo a personal credit check to assess both their credit strength and risk status. This is usually a fairly straightforward, quick process, however.
The reason for the credit check is that finance companies make their decision on whether to provide finance to a customer based on their past and present financial circumstances. Naturally, it will be much easier for you to lease a vehicle if you have a healthy credit status, however, if you do have a history of poor credit, then you may still be able to lease through us using a funder who specialises in those with adverse credit history and/or those who have recently moved to the UK for work.