Treating customers fairly
Our responsibilities as a business are part of what we do, every day, throughout the organisation. Being a responsible business makes complete sense to us. We're responsible for our customers, our business and our employees - without them we wouldn't be the business we are today.
At Select Car Leasing we are dedicated to providing the best possible customer service and treating you in the fairest possible manner. Ever since our formation in 2004 we have always prided ourselves on delivering the highest standards of service which our customers can be truly satisfied with.
Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is a key principle set by the national financial regulator the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to ensure that customers are treated fairly.
It is a document which is crucial to how we carry out every aspect of our business. The FCA have set out six 'Treating Customers Fairly' principles which outline how we communicate and engage with our customers, the quality of service we provide and the fairness of our procedures. As a fully licensed broker we are proud to follow the FCA's treating customers fairly guidelines:
- Outcome One
- Customers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
- Outcome Two
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of any identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Outcome Three
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after point of sale.
- Outcome Four
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
- Outcome Five
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Outcome Six
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
How do we ensure customers are treated fairly?
- Always put the needs and requirements of our customers at the forefront of everything we do.
- Continue to make certain our customers understand from the outset about any risks associated with the services we provide.
- Keeping customers informed of all information at all times in a way that isn't misleading or ambiguous.
- Maintaining transparency at all times with customers.
- Maintaining clarity. We don't want our customers to feel like any information is being kept from them, our services are free from any hidden terms and conditions or complex technical jargon.
- Offer accurate advice that is appropriate to a customer's specific circumstances and requirements.
- Regularly reviewing internal processes and systems to make sure our customers are getting the best possible service.
- Dealing with and responding customer complaints. We understand that sometimes you may not feel satisfied with the service provided, if that is the case we always respond and deal with complaints in a prompt and professional manner. You can read more about what to do if you have a complaint.
Select Car Leasing are committed to treating all customers fairly and in line with this we have a policy on Vulnerability. Our policy sets out guidance for our staff around vulnerability to ensure we act with appropriate levels of care for any customers who are identified as being vulnerable. Please email our compliance manager directly should you wish for further information or wish to see a copy of our policy - email@example.com