Small scatches, scuffs and dents are not only unsightly, but have a negative effect on the value of your car. In the past, cars in need of cosmetic repair would have been sent to a conventional body shop, meaning you would be without your car while the repair took place and potentially facing a large bill. Thankfully many small scratches, scuffs and dents can be fixed using SMART Repair technology.
The SMART Repair concept was originally created to offer the motor industry a fast, cost effective solution to assist in the cosmetic repair of used vehicles. Select Protect Insurance now lets you take advantage of this new solution to ensure your vehicle looks as good as new by repairing minor bumps and scracthes as they happen.
Select Protect will pick up these costs for 24 or 36 months, up to a maximum of £3,000.
- Protect your no claims bonus
- Maintain your car in excellent condition
- No excess to pay
- Most repairs can be completed within 2 hours
- Up to 3 years' cover, depending on policy purchased.
- Professional repair, carried out at a time convenient for you.
- Cover for up to 6 body repairs, up to £500 per claim.
- If a repair cannot be made Select Protect will contribute £250 towards a body shop repair.
- Light Scratches (such as a 'hedge scratch') - 15cm in length and not extended over more than 2 adjacent body panels.
- Heavy Scratches (where you can nick your fingernail on the scratch) - not exceeding 15cm in length and not extended over more than 2 adjacent body panels and excludes the bonnet, the roof and the boot.
- Minor Dents - Dents to a metal body panel not exceeding 15cm in diameter.
- Scuffed Bumpers - Damage up to 15cm in diameter, 3mm in depth and within 1 body panel.